“But when they (those who will persecute you and seek your death) shall lead you, (direct you by force) and deliver you up, (hand you over to that destiny) take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: (ponder over in your mind any idea) but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, (moment) that speak ye: for it is NOT YE THAT SPEAK, BUT THE HOLY GHOST.” Mark 13: 11. (King James Version- with my own emphasis and insights added.) Apparently, it would be next to impossible to NOT have any thoughts on your impending fate. To live at all means to have both “Thought” and “Feeling”. What Jesus is telling us here is essentially: “Do not contemplate the outcome.” GOD ALONE knows the outcome of all things. The future (real or even imagined) rests with Him. He is in control. He will supernaturally give voice by means of HIS HOLY SPIRIT to HIS child/disciple/follower. Why is knowing of ‘this’ important enough for Jesus to tell those who believe in Him this? Because God honors the faithfulness of His children/saints. And naturally, WE WILL BE ANXIOUS ABOUT THE UNKNOWN. When Peter was anxious about his own life; he denied Jesus three times. Whether our own “Ego/Self-will/Tempter” or not, the spiritual battle for our souls rages on incessantly. Jesus forewarned us NOT TO GIVE UP OR TO GIVE IN! He KNEW, even before the “GOOD NEWS MESSAGE” went out, from His Father-God, just what the outcome would be for many of His faithful and true believers. Why should we want to DIE for Jesus? Because, as He said, “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13.) God IS PROVING HIS CHILDREN’S LOVE FOR HIM. Jesus is ONE with His Father. He also told us, “Therefore I say to you, Take no thought (Do not be anxious about) your life…” (Matthew 6:25.) Consider… If our thinking could change the outcome; perhaps we might not love Jesus, the Son of God, as much.
My dear Blogger friends .
Tomorrow should be a better day.
I prayed you are all well.
Have a blessed time in whichever time zone you are in.
Child of God
Evidence of our Creator is all around us. Romans 1:19-20 states, “What may be known of God is manifest in [people], for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made.” God’s handiwork is certainly manifested in the exquisite engineered design of His creatures.
One example of God’s creative genius is the salmon. This fish is born inland in freshwater streams miles from the ocean, migrates to live in the salty sea, and then returns to fresh water so it can spawn. The salmon has a unique ability to maintain a constant healthy level of saltiness. Its internal cellular and organellar systems adjust automatically in response to environmental tracking systems that monitor external salt levels.1
Chief among these engineered systems are specialized sodium pumps embedded in the cell membranes. The pumps’ activity is coordinated not only within the internal apparatus of the cell but also with other systems in the salmon’s various organs, especially those on the forefront of osmoregulation (the maintenance of body-fluid pressure) such as the gills and kidneys.
In addition to these integrated cellular systems, the salmon has built-in behavioral traits to also manage its salt levels. Instead of immediately charging into the ocean or back into fresh water, it pauses to temporarily equilibrate its body in transitionary zones between the two.
The field of bioengineering makes use of the design found in living creatures. One flying creature human engineers have tried to copy is the dragonfly. These insects are expert fliers. They can maneuver straight up and down, hover in place like a helicopter, and even mate in midair.
The dragonfly’s optics are also amazing, with almost its entire head composed of visual sensors loaded with engineering that’s only beginning to be understood. It has very complex eyes constructed of individual visual sensory units called ommatidia. A single compound eye has an integrated lens system containing up to 30,000 ommatidia. Each individual ommatidium collects its own stream of visual information that’s transmitted to the dragonfly’s brain, where it’s decoded and processed to form a mosaic image with intricate visual depth and detail.
Combined with its flight capabilities, the dragonfly’s high-tech visual system allows it to track and grab aerial targets like flies with deadly precision. A study of caged dragonflies found they were able to successfully snatch their rapidly moving prey out of the air with 95% accuracy.2
The hummingbird is another animal that glorifies the Creator. This little creature is distinctly different from all other bird kinds. Hummingbirds are the only bird that can fly backward. They can literally zip around in just about every direction due to their wings’ ability to rotate in a full circle and flap up to 80 times per second.
Hummingbirds have much larger and more complicated brains than insects. One study determined that “the hummingbirds had faster reaction times than those reported for visual feedback control in insects.”3 The endurance and speed of hummingbirds are also phenomenal. They can fly at 25 to 30 mph and dive at speeds of up to 60 mph. The ruby-throated hummingbird has the ability to travel up to 500 miles across the Gulf of Mexico to reach its breeding grounds.
The V-22 Osprey is human engineers’ attempt to create something with roughly similar flight capabilities. This military aircraft requires constant fueling, maintenance, supervision, and construction since it can’t feed itself or reproduce like the hummingbird. Human efforts to copy the intricate form and function of God’s creatures is further evidence of our Creator’s engineering genius.
INSTITUTE FOR CREATION RESEARCH
Principles of Scientific Creationism
- The physical universe of space, time, matter, and energy has not always existed, but was supernaturally created by a transcendent personal Creator who alone has existed from eternity.
- The phenomenon of biological life did not develop by natural processes from inanimate systems but was specially and supernaturally created by the Creator.
- Each of the major kinds of plants and animals was created functionally complete from the beginning and did not evolve from some other kind of organism. Changes in basic kinds since their first creation are limited to “horizontal” changes (variations) within the kinds, or “downward” changes (e.g., harmful mutations, extinctions).
- The first human beings did not evolve from an animal ancestry, but were specially created in fully human form from the start. Furthermore, the “spiritual” nature of man (self-image, moral consciousness, abstract reasoning, language, will, religious nature, etc.) is itself a supernaturally created entity distinct from mere biological life.
- The record of earth history, as preserved in the earth’s crust, especially in the rocks and fossil deposits, is primarily a record of catastrophic intensities of natural processes, operating largely within uniform natural laws, rather than one of gradualism and relatively uniform process rates. There are many scientific evidences for a relatively recent creation of the earth and the universe, in addition to strong scientific evidence that most of the earth’s fossiliferous sedimentary rocks were formed in an even more recent global hydraulic cataclysm.
- Processes today operate primarily within fixed natural laws and relatively uniform process rates, but since these were themselves originally created and are daily maintained by their Creator, there is always the possibility of miraculous intervention in these laws or processes by their Creator. Evidences for such intervention should be scrutinized critically, however, because there must be clear and adequate reason for any such action on the part of the Creator.
- The universe and life have somehow been impaired since the completion of creation, so that imperfections in structure, disease, aging, extinctions, and other such phenomena are the result of “negative” changes in properties and processes occurring in an originally-perfect created order.
- Since the universe and its primary components were created perfect for their purposes in the beginning by a competent and volitional Creator, and since the Creator does remain active in this now-decaying creation, there do exist ultimate purposes and meanings in the universe. Teleological considerations, therefore, are appropriate in scientific studies whenever they are consistent with the actual data of observation. Furthermore, it is reasonable to assume that the creation presently awaits the consummation of the Creator’s purpose.
- Although people are finite and scientific data concerning origins are always circumstantial and incomplete, the human mind (if open to possibility of creation) is able to explore the manifestations of that Creator rationally, scientifically, and teleologically.
Principles of Biblical Creationism
- The Creator of the universe is a triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. There is only one eternal and transcendent God, the source of all being and meaning, and He exists in three Persons, each of whom participated in the work of creation.
- The Bible, consisting of the thirty-nine canonical books of the Old Testament and the twenty-seven canonical books of the New Testament, is the divinely-inspired revelation of the Creator to man. Its unique, plenary, verbal inspiration guarantees that these writings, as originally and miraculously given, are infallible and completely authoritative on all matters with which they deal, free from error of any sort, scientific and historical as well as moral and theological.
- All things in the universe were created and made by God in the six literal days of the Creation Week described in Genesis 1:1–2:3, and confirmed in Exodus 20:8-11. The creation record is factual, historical, and perspicuous; thus all theories of origins or development that involve evolution in any form are false. All things that now exist are sustained and ordered by God’s providential care. However, a part of the spiritual creation, Satan and his angels, rebelled against God after the creation and are attempting to thwart His divine purposes in creation.
- The first human beings, Adam and Eve, were specially created by God, and all other men and women are their descendants. In Adam, mankind was instructed to exercise “dominion” over all other created organisms, and over the earth itself (an implicit commission for true science, technology, commerce, fine art, and education), but the temptation by Satan and the entrance of sin brought God’s curse on that dominion and on mankind, culminating in death and separation from God as the natural and proper consequence.
- The biblical record of primeval earth history in Genesis 1-11 is fully historical and perspicuous, including the creation and Fall of man, the Curse on the Creation and its subjection to the bondage of decay, the promised Redeemer, the worldwide cataclysmic deluge in the days of Noah, the post-diluvian renewal of man’s commission to subdue the earth (now augmented by the institution of human government), and the origin of nations and languages at the tower of Babel.
- The alienation of man from his Creator because of sin can only be remedied by the Creator Himself, who became man in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, through miraculous conception and virgin birth. In Christ were indissolubly united perfect sinless humanity and full deity, so that His substitutionary death is the only necessary and sufficient price of man’s redemption. That the redemption was completely efficacious is assured by His bodily resurrection from the dead and ascension into heaven; the resurrection of Christ is thus the focal point of history, assuring the consummation of God’s purposes in creation.
- The final restoration of creation’s perfection is yet future, but individuals can immediately be restored to fellowship with their Creator on the basis of His redemptive work on their behalf, receiving forgiveness and eternal life solely through personal trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, accepting Him not only as estranged Creator, but also as reconciling Redeemer and coming King. Those who reject Him, however, or who neglect to believe on Him, thereby continue in their state of rebellion and must ultimately be consigned to the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
- The eventual accomplishment of God’s eternal purposes in creation, with the removal of His curse and the restoration of all things to divine perfection, will take place at the personal bodily return to earth of Jesus Christ to judge and purge sin and to establish His eternal kingdom.
- Each believer should participate in the “ministry of reconciliation” by seeking both to bring individuals back to God in Christ (the “Great Commission”) and to “subdue the earth” for God’s glory (the Edenic-Noahic Commission). The three institutions established by the Creator for the implementation of His purposes in this world (home, government, church) should be honored and supported as such.