SEPTEMBER 24, 2019
A note from Proverbs 31 Ministries: This podcast contains content that is not suitable for young children. Please see the Related Resources section at the bottom of this page if you need help finding a counselor.
What if the real struggle behind pornography was actually a deep longing for fullness in Christ?
You asked … and we listened. We’re continuing our Therapy & Theology series with two brand new episodes of The Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast. This week we’ve invited Lysa TerKeurst, Proverbs 31 Ministries President and New York Times’ best-selling author of It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way to talk with us on the show alongside Michael Cusick, her licensed professional counselor, founder and CEO of Restoring the Soul Ministry in Denver, Colorado. Michael is the author of Surfing for God: Discovering the Divine Desire Beneath Sexual Struggle.
In these episodes, Lysa and Michael introduce us to a new perspective on pornography, a subject that’s often avoided in the Christian world but is affecting us all. No matter your stage of life, we recommend listening with an open mind and open heart to gain a better understanding on how to support a spouse, friend or loved one who may be facing this challenge.
By listening to these episodes, you will…
- Replace the stigma associated with pornography with a new understanding that the addiction to pornography comes from a genuine desire to be seen, known and loved.
- Let go of your own fear and guilt because of a spouse or loved one’s pornography addiction and discover the role spiritual fullness and emptiness play in the battle with pornography.
- Overcome your hesitation to have “the talk” with a loved one about pornography by learning healthy, biblically based conversation starters.
- For more information on Restoring the Soul intensive marriage counseling sessions with Michael Cusick in Denver, Colorado, visit restoringthesoul.com. If you’re unable to attend an in-person counseling session, check out Michael’s podcast called “Restoring the Soul,” available on all podcast platforms.
- Learn even more about pornography addiction from a biblical perspective by purchasing Michael’s book, Surfing for God: Discovering the Divine Desire Beneath Sexual Struggle from any online retailer.
- If you’re currently struggling because life isn’t turning out like you thought it would, check out Lysa TerKeurst’s latest book, It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered.
- To find a Christian counselor near you, visit the American Association of Christian Counseling’s website.
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.