I’m Steve Arterburn with a New Life Moment.
Looking for an alternative approach to adult education? Try raising kids! You’ll learn important like this:
· A king size waterbed contains enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house about 4 inches deep.
· When you hear the toilet flush and the words “uh oh,” it’s already too late.
· A ceiling fan isn’t strong enough to rotate a 42-pound-boy clad in Batman underwear and Superman cape hanging by a dog leash. It is able, however, to spin a paint can quickly enough to splash paint on all four walls of a room.
· Super glue is forever.
· VCR’s don’t eject “Peanut butter and jelly” sandwiches, and.
· Garbage bags don’t make good parachutes.
If you’re a parent, or have kids in your life, enjoy the daily adventures, even if it means time and energy you didn’t budget for the moment.
Taken from The Life Recovery Devotional: Thirty Meditations from Scripture for Each Step in Recovery by Stephen Arterburn and David Stoop. Copyright © 1991 by Stephen Arterburn and David Stoop. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved.